The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hooray For Dollywood!

Oh Yeah! Bring it on.  I love the Scrambler!  It's been my favorite ride since I was old enough to ride it and I can NOT pass it up! LOL
But here is a real secret....don't tell anyone or anything.  I love to "get" people.  I love the "Gotcha" moment.  And people try to get me, but it usually doesn't work out.....until....Dollywood and the Bird Show.
I am picked out of the audience and then somehow end up dancing or something and THEN he gets me to lay down on the stage...really.  And I do.  Do you know what is all over the stage? (hint: It's a bird show).
I try to get up and he tells me that I have to lay there and pretend to be a dead carcass for the Vulture.
W H A T???
I do what I am told and lay back down...on the stage...ewwww.
Then he sets this whole thing up and asks me why I am laying down on the dirty stage.
"Because you told me too"  I say
"Well, you should get up because you look silly down there"
GOTCHA-Lise!  (My kids think this is the best!)


You want me to WHAT?

I have no idea why I am dancing

Annnnndddd....I'm laying down...on the stage

Still there

Gotcha!  And guess what comes next?

I get to "catch" the Vulture!  He is beautiful!!!
  
Did I mention that it was like 38 degrees the whole day? (this explains my boring but slightly warm outfit)
So what is left?

The BEST hot chocolate with whip cream ever!  At Paula Deens in
Cherokee, NC  I love it!

What?  I don't play the games at the Arcade with the kids....lol

Hey, that great scarf is from "Charming Charlies"
And that great cashmere sweater is from GAP (I got it at Goodwill and it still had the tags on)
I am reading "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"- loving it so far!

5 comments:

  1. I have been down and out with a stomach virus, so I was so happy to see you all were back when I started checking out all my blog buddies
    Scrambler...the best when you want to sit close to the boy you like in high school, but are too shy to say anything!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you had so much fun...I have been selected before to be in a show like that at a theme park...I hated it...the kids LOVED it and still talk about it! The things we do for love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is where 2 best friends part ways. About the only thing in this post that we are alike on is a love of Dollywood.

    I HATE the Scrambler. UGH! It makes me soooo sick. I can barely watch other people on it!

    We've had season passes to Dollywood for 5 years and have never once watched the bird show. And you couldn't have paid to me either lay on that floor or catch that vulture. The vulture was beautiful? Really?!

    Paula Deen? Overrated. Yep. I said it. I'm sure someone will want to strip me of my southern status and my status as a Georgian. But yep, always thought she was overrated.

    BUT you look adorable! And that blue is great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great trip! I love the scrambler - I can't wait till Peanut is old enough to bring on the rides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dolly. No matter what. But I am with Joy on the Paula Deen thing. Big deal!!! I am glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete