The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Monday, August 8, 2011

It's That Time of Year!! And it's BUSY!!


Do I look excited?!

 Do they look excited?

School is BACK! Woohoo! I'm so ready to get back into a regular routine and schedule.  And so ready to NOT hear I'm soooo bored from the kids!  But it's so busy!  Someone always needs to be somewhere, someone always needs to be picked up, someone always needs something!

So, here's a quick outfit roundup of the few work days:

 White Shirt: Kohl's
Khaki Capris: Walmart YEARS ago
Sparkly, Shiny Sandals: Payless via gifted from B!

My friend, B, wore these shoes for her daughter's wedding in TN last month.  Before I left, she took them off and said, Do you like these? I was like, Uh, yeah. Shiny, sparkly, silver. What's not to like? And she said, Then take them home. I'll never wear them again! I'm not sure how I've ever lived without them! LOL And the best detailing on these capris is the rhinestones details on the bottom and you can't see it in the pictures!!
 
 Black Rose Tee: JCrew Clearance
Black Pencil Skirt: Kohls
Sparkly, Shiny shoes: Payless
 
I think this would have looked better with the shirt tucked in and a silver or black patent belt. But I just never last all day with a belt. It starts to get on my nerves and I end up taking it off.  
 
Red Striped Shirt: Old Navy
Denim Skirt: Target
Blue Espadrilles: Payless

I think I'm done with tees from Old Navy.  They've gotten where they don't seem to hold up like they used to.  This is the 3rd shirt lately that has ended up with a hole in it after 2 washings.

So, how busy has your week been?

8 comments:

  1. Happy for parents...sad for teachers...but I think I am also ready for the routine...and starting school gives me hope of cooler weather on the horizon...I really hope! Your casual looks are cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures. The kids look pretty happy and so do you. lol I love all the great looks this week, you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red striped shirt!

    It is definitely that time of year isn't it?

    I've been at work for pre-planning and I'm already missing the no-stress summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe that your kids are back in school already! I am in Delaware (it's been a hellish summer of heat), and our kids, (well, if I had kids in school -- this is the first year that I don't, praise be to God! :-)) don't go back until the last week of August! (my youngest graduated high school and is off to college this year, and my two oldest graduated college and pharm school this year -- it was a busy spring for me) and have real jobs!

    Bring the tee back to Old Navy! I put one thru the wash last year (first time) and it almost disintegrated! They let me exchange it. Said that they were having problems with a lot of their shirts doing this lately. love the picture of you in the white shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have 2 more weeks until school begins here, but i am excited but dreading it since my last child will be a senior. weird to think everything will be the last whatever!
    love the story of the shiny, sparlky shoes... sounds like they found a good home
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you're back-to-school time is already here. In michigan, schools don't begin until after Labor Day to prolong the tourist season as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Just wanted to say it was so great to run into you last weekend at the craft store. If you and Lise are ever up for thrifting or lunch or something, we should totally hang out sometime when things get less hectic.

    Good luck with your costume, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You look so excited, which is exactly how I felt when school started here!

    I'm with you on the Old Navy thing. It seems to be so hit or miss when it comes to quality there.

    ReplyDelete