The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!


I don't have a sweet story like Lise.  But I do have a picture of me and BOTH kids, which hardly ever happens. They just refuse to be in pictures together. They would like everyone to think they hate each other, but I know that deep down they do love each other. I have proof that once upon a time, they weren't scared to show affection for one another. How CUTE are they? This is my favorite picture of the 2 of them. They are 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 here.



Yesterday, Leah and I went to the funeral of the dad of one of her best friends.  It was unlike any funeral I have ever been to. It wasn't stuffy and reserved. It was joyful and vibrant and alive and just amazing. I didn't know this man, but by the time that funeral was over, I was truly wishing I had. I feel like I missed out on knowing an extraordinary individual. 

It also marked the first time Leah has worn a skirt EVER. She's worn a dress a couple of times since she was 5 but never a skirt. I thought she looked so pretty. I probably won't see this again for awhile.  The dress I have on was bought like 3 or 4 years ago. And the shoes were bought this year at Goodwill. They look like they were made to be worn together, don't they?


I hope you all have a wonderful and Happy Mother's Day!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! You look absolutely lovely! It looks like you've lost weight, have you? That dress is so fabulous on you. Such a pretty cut.

    I'm sorry to hear about the funeral. Those kinds are funerals are really the ones that most honor the person who passed away, in my opinion. Celebrate who they were, don't just be sad.

    Hope you're having a great day!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. great dress
    isn't funny how kids can be attached at the hip one minute and act like they can't stand each other the next
    hope you had a great mother's day
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you guys
    Hope all is well
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sweet is that baby picture. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet picture of the kids together.
    Great dress and really nice shoes. Love the floral stitching on them - nice details.

    ReplyDelete