The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Monday, November 14, 2011

Put a pin on it

Anyone else obsessed with pinterest these days? I know I am. Here are some outfits I have compiled based on things I liked on pinterest and stuff I already had in my closet.

All the elements are a little different from the original idea, but I think overall it has the same effect. *BONUS I already owned all of these things.
Jacket is Wal-Mart sale rack about 2 years ago $3. Long sleeved purple T- peace place $1. Stripe T- Peace Place $1. Scarf- Peace Place $0.25. Jeans- Peace Place $1.

I think I hit a little closer to the mark with this one. I'm looking for a better chain for this cameo my mom gave me.
Grey sweater- Wal-Mart sale rack last year. Gifted from my mom (she paid $1). Blue gingham button down- Peace Place $1. Skinny jeans- Wal-Mart this year $11. Boots- Peace Place $3. I am also looking for the perfect pair of Cognac, knee high boots with a narrow calf circumfrence. Belt- Peace Place $1.

This one is based roughly on the concept of yellow and grey. The color combo is super hot this year and it's ALL iver pinterest. So... what have y'all been pinning about?

8 comments:

  1. i adore pinterest and i need an ipad dedicated to just my closet so i can pull up my boards as needed when i am getting dressed. lol
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Pinterest addiction! I may need an intervention!!

    WHY WHY can't I find a blue gingham long sleeve shirt! I've been looking for 2 years! Oh, I've found them at like JCrew, but I refuse to pay that much for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are so cute! I nearly gasp every time I see what you paid...I have no patience for shopping, let alone thrifting. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with pinterest btu for a different thing. I have an addiction to color and the pinterest pins are often really colorful. I'd have to lose 150 pounds to wear the fashions featured. But it's great to see the color combos to copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you came really close on the first outfit as well, I really like it! I like your third outfit way better than the inspiration board.
    I just signed up for a Pinterest account but I haven't started using it yet. I think I should wait until the semester is over or I'll never get any of my schoolwork done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've inspired me to revisit Pinterest and try the same thing! Awesome looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks y'all for the comments! Brett- look into "Go Chic or Go Home. I siged up but haven't gone any further. Joy- we need to find one and tailor it maybe. Caitlin- you either have to have the patience to thrift or the money not to... we know where I stand on this issue. lol. Judy- Puh-shah! You do not have to lose 150 poulds to dress in color or style! Matilda- I agree! I'd never get any schoolwork done if I had any! C.A.- I have a few more up my sleeve. Let me know what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did fabulously on all of these looks!

    ReplyDelete