The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm NOT Wearing Orange!

I'm a good Georgia girl. I know that evil will be wearing orange and Prince Charming  will NOT be wearing orange. If you aren't from the south and don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain. Football isn't just a game down here, it's a religion. And the University of Georgia's biggest rivals are orange teams, University of Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, etc. So we don't do orange. RED is my favorite color. I bleed red and black.  I said all that to make clear that the pants I am wearing today are NOT orange, as my son said they are. They are tangerine.  We took several pictures, but when I sat on the curb, Lise said I looked like a pinup girl and it made me laugh at loud. That's when she snapped the picture. I thought it was pretty funny, actually.

See? My pants are NOT orange. I bought this back in the winter, on clearance, from Land's End. I think they were like $10 with free shipping!! The Liz Claiborne top was FREE at JCPenney! It was on clearance for $7 and I had a coupon from JCP for $10 off $10. So FREE and I gave the remaining $2.51 to Lise to put toward a necklace or something. Speaking of necklaces. You can't see mine in the picture there, but it's so cute, I took a separate picture of it. It came in a pack of 2 from Michael's for $3. They were supposed to be made into earrings, but I thought they were too big for that, so I just put one of them on a chain and voila', cute necklace. It has palm trees on it. And I'm a bit of a palm tree freak.

I didn't post my outfit yesterday, cause I was pretty boring. I know we all have those days, don't we? Days where nothing seems to fit, you're bored of everything and really, you just want to go back to bed. Here's me yesterday.
Yeah. Too boring to even comment on, really. The shirt is kinda cute, though. It's an embellished tee from Charlotte Russe. Cute detailing, right?

This weekend, I'm going to a birthday party for a friend. I will have some very interesting pictures from that. I'm hoping some there will agree to let me post their pictures here, but if not, you'll see me and my husband in our get ups. It's a Pimps and Hos party. Not very politically correct, I guess, but it will be good, trashy fun!!

2 comments:

  1. You do look like a pinup girl! You bleed red and black - I bleed purple and gold! And I too am anti the ORANGE (even though it can be quite a good color for me). Can't wait to see the Pimps and Hos look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's gonna be hysterical!! I can't wait to see everyone else there! Purple and gold are regal colors and much better than orange!

    ReplyDelete