The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fashon Blogger Virgin

My Name is Krystle and this is my first time...
I am so excited to have the opportunity to join Lise, Joy and Leah here on Southercomfort! I am fairly new to trying to be somewhat fashionable but I am proud to report that it has been almost a full year since I've last worn a plain 'ol T-shirt out to the grocery store!
Leah has been OODLES of help in this transformation. I still forget to do my hair (see pic. below) and at times have a lack of accessories, but hey, we've got to start somewhere!
Shrit: Motherhood (nursing)
Cardi: Peace Place
Scarf: Walmart
Skinny Jeans: Walmart
Boots: shiekhshoes.com
This is one of my first attempts of pattern mixing... striped shirt and bird scarf. I tied the scarf in a double windsor knot because it was that odd length where it was too short to double over and too long to leave like normal...this seemed to work well... and I love how easy it is to just slide the knot down if it's getting a little too warm (crazy GA weather) -- What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. hi Krystle
    welcome to the land of fashion blogging
    are joy and lise out recuiting bloggers these days lol
    nice to meet you
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krystle - nice to meet you - I like your pattern-mixing, and the way you tied your scarf is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This is great! You look so cute! Welcome to the blog!!!

    I promise to post this week. I have started a new job and have been in training for the last month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wondering where Lise & Joy are... welcome, Krystle. Great boots! Nice color mixing on the outfit;

    ReplyDelete
  5. my students have graduated and left me in their fashionable dust! and i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWE! What a warm welcome, thank you all!
    Tammie- it's funny that you say that b/c just today Leah and I were talking about how trendy you are and that we maybe should start following you around-ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete