The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Glamorous Life!!

That picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post. I just wanted to post a pic of the Smokey mountains.  THIS is why they are called the Smokies!!

So, think the life of a blogger is just fun and fashion and glamour? Uh, huh. Check out this picture Blake took of me this morning BEFORE we were going to do blog pictures!


I take out the trash just like everyone else!  In fact, yesterday, on my day off, I cleaned house ALL day. And when I say all day, I mean ALL day.  I spent 6 hours cleaning out the kids rooms and their closets.  I threw so much junk and trash away! I also have a huge bag of clothes to take to Goodwill. You wouldn't believe the dust bunnies that were in there.  I also cleaned out the laundry room and the "junk" room. I still could spend a couple of more hours on the house.  The sunroom didn't even get touched!  ANYWAY, you didn't come here to listen to me whine about cleaning.  Here's the real pictures for today:


Striped green shirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Floral tank: KMart!
Capris: Liz Claiborne
Purple sandals: Rack Room
Stripes and florals go together, right?  I'll end this post with a pic of the morning sun that Blake took this morning!  

12 comments:

  1. can you come and help me clean? please???? pretty please? My daughter just moved to West Virginia. She is right in the foothills of the Smokies -- very pretty. She is doing a pharmaceutical residency at the VA Hospital there (yeah, I'm pretty proud of her).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of life isn't very glamorous, is it? : > Today was toilet-cleaning day! But life *is* good. You look fresh and pretty.

    I've had trouble leaving comments with Blogger - so I opened a LiveJournal account. But this is Patti, from NotDeadYet Style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari, I could barely move last night!! I don't think I'm up for another house!! LOL

    I'm proud of your daughter, and I don't even know her!!

    Patti, toilet cleaning. Now THAT is exciting!! LOL

    Thanks for the nice comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, you look so cool and fresh in your white ensem! By the way, do the paparazzi bombard you when you take out the trash?!? Oh my goodness, why oh why won't they leave us alone?!?! Hugs my GA friend! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOL, Serene. We are just too cool to be left alone!! LOLOLOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stripes and flowers do indeed go together. Talk about "reality blogging." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may be taking out the trash, but you're looking good while doing it! I've got similar projects in my near future and I'll bet I won't look nearly as 'put together' as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in purple - you should wear it more often. Love those sandals, very cute. Is the Rack Room a discount store?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just begun to be able to do some cleaning after a long physical problem. But 6 hours of cleaning would kill me. Good thing I'm retired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MATILDA, not really. Sometimes you can get cute stuff on clearance, as these were. But it's not discount.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's like in US magazine where they have photo's of celebs doing everyday normal things lol
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha -- Joy, that's pretty funny. I was going to say the same thing as silvergirl above... just like the "They're people too" features in celeb magazines... when they show actresses doing mundane things like picking up take-out or what not! (The smokies are indeed very very smoky. Wow!)

    ReplyDelete