The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I wasn't "Born" yesterday


HoneyBaked doesn't have as much ham as I do today! LOL

An unforseen benefit has come to me because of this blog. My husband was feeling like everyone out there would wonder if I have been FORCED to buy at thrift stores. So, he went to Macy's and bought this outfit from I.N.C. , AND....the boots. The boots are the bomb! Bombalicious even. They are from "BORN". There is supposed to be a slash through that "O", But, I don't know how to make it from my keyboard. I love their footwear! (love, Love, LOVE). They are ankle height and have a distressed look (so do I in this picture...hahaha). And of course they have buckles which I adore. So, no thrifting today, but WOW! Thanks for suprising me with a new outfit Grant!

I am sure I will be able to work much harder now that you paid full price for this........


......zzzzzzzzzzzz

So, why do I thrift? It is the thrill of the hunt, the joy in seeking and the gasp of suprise when I find a treasure! (I actually screamed when I found the Gucci jeans). And I love that I am helping others better thier lives because of what I do. My kids have been donating things (clothes, toy, their allowance, etc..) for years to Project Safe, so I hope I am teaching them to give back. And you never know when you may be the one in need sometime.

October is almost here and have we got a fun suprise for our readers....stay tuned for a Octoberlicious month!

5 comments:

  1. Ummm..I still want those boots. Fall asleep and I'll take them right off your feet!!

    So...when's Grant taking ME shopping? Hmmm?

    Octoberlicious?! Are we Fergie now? Beyonce? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh...me likey! I love ankle boots!! They just make me feel like fall is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like Born shoes! I actually have a few pairs! LOVE them! Lise, you're always a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhm Mom? It's new stuff now, but next year it will be "Coming To A Thrift Store Near You" haha
    oh, and I need lunch $$ in my account. Now back to homework. The boots are beast though.
    Love, Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those boots aren't going to a thrift store. They will come home to Joy, where they belong.

    ReplyDelete