The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Friday, September 3, 2010

What goes around, comes around.....really.

The forecast? Sunny with a chance of State Farm!

Harrison (my son) found this great skirt for me at Old Navy. It is my favorite color...yellow! Its so sunny and fun and makes me feel good and looks...terrible. Seriously, I have seen better looking corpses than me with yellow near my face. But, a skirt? Super idea because I have my yellow and it is not right up to my face. I got a lot of compliments on this with the prairie look and the white underskirt peeking out of the yellow at the bottom! I kept to gold accessories and neutral brown.
One of our customers said "I love this new look". New? Hmmmm..... I seem to remember something....what is it? (get ready for it)
1982!! And there I am in California with some friends and I am wearing a prairie skirt with a little white petticoat sticking out from underneath! Oh yeah, it all comes back folks!
(see? ruffles)
This was spring of 1982, the yellow skirt was bought spring 2010. I rest my case. I am going to have to find some more fun fashions to share. Next week. LOL
Also, Joy and a few people have given me some challenges with wardrobe that I am going to complete. 1. Find something from your husbands closet and re-make into something you can wear. 2. Wear a complete outfit that costs no more than $50. (including shoes?) Yikes! But with the economy the way it is and in the spirit of re-use and recycle? I am on it! If you have any challenges for me, let me know because I love this kind of stuff.
Have a fabulous weekend!!!! Oh, And DRIVE SAFELY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That color looks great on you. Makes me think I should get back into wearing skirts again.

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete