The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween in the Smokies!



 My kids and I joined Lise and her family in Cherokee on Saturday for lots of Halloween fun! And oh my gosh, it was so much fun. They take Halloween very seriously at the Cherokee KOA. I think my kids got more candy last night than all the past years put together. It was amazing!  There was a costume contest, a pumpkin carving contest, trick or treating and a haunted forest.  We took tons of pictures. I'll post a few of mine here and then I'm going to link you to my Flickr account so you can see the rest. And I know that when Lise gets home and gets a chance, she's going to post her pictures, too.
This started out as a steampunk vampire. Then I decided the teeth were too much trouble. So I decided to be a vampire hunter and I think the steampunk just got lost along the way. That little Vamplet came from Dragon*Con. I kept asking people if they'd seen my baby's daddy, and if they did see him after dark, they needed to be careful. Leah said I was creeping people out! HA! The wool coat and wool Gap skirt both came from Goodwill for $5 each!! Woo!


Speaking of Leah. She was a disturbing Jester. And Blake and the other boys decided they were the Death Brothers, or something. 






The boys as the Death Brothers

Give me chocolate or I will cut you!
I found Elvis at the KOA! I think he was late for a show at Harrah's!



Leah as Evil Jester


Go to my Flickr page here to see more pictures from our Halloween fun!!

Happy Halloween, Y'all!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish i were in Cherokee with ya !
    My hubs is in Cumberland Lake area for a few days to visit parents.
    Just wait til tomorrow to see my REAL costume ;)
    tee, hee !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! I'm a new follower!

    -Kinsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Kinsey!! We love followers!!

    ReplyDelete