The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Makeover Madness!!

Today's post is dedicated to one of my very best friend's mom. Mama S. is a breast cancer survivor and a good Southern woman that knows that you never leave the house without your earrings and your lipstick! And she passed that on to her daughters!! So, Mama S. this makeover is for you!!

Deby Sorensen from Avon met us bright and early at the office this morning to do a makeover on me. Do you know how very wrong it felt to leave the house without my makeup? Without my lips?! Thank God for sunglasses!! I can't believe I'm going to post a before pic of me and no eye makeup. I can just hear Ben saying now that I have beady eyes. But, here goes. <deep breath>

I look really happy about this don't I? Yeah. I need to put the sunglasses back on. But look, I am wearing PINK today!!

Deby was great. She convinced me to try some new things in regard to eye cream. Apparently, the skin around my eyes is very dry. Turning 40 does have some down sides! And I think I made her cry when I told her I wash my face with baby soap! LOL And it was so much fun! I LOVE makeup! I mean, really, who doesn't? I am IN LOVE with my new lipstick. I am a total lipstick girl. You can always throw on sunglasses to hide your eyes, but lipstick makes you look DONE. And there are tons of pretty colors!! Here's the after picture. I look much better, much more awake and DONE.




Thank you, Deby! 
If you'll look over to the right side of the page, under Places We Like, you'll see Click to Donate to Fatima's 3 Day Walk Team. One of my friends is participating in Susan G. Komen 3 Day For the Cure and she has to raise over $2000! Please help her be able to help others!!

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!!! You posted the one without your sunglasses! You are brave! I am so impressed with you. For those of you reading this and wondering if I will be doing this......not really sure about that. But YAY for Joy! I love what you wrote today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU look GREAT without makeup! You have perfect skin! You need to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me to stop by and play "makeup" with you!

    The Avon Foundation for Women has been improving and saving women’s lives since 1955, and we are proud to be the largest corporate philanthropy dedicated to women’s causes globally.

    Avon philanthropy has raised and donated more than $725 million worldwide, and currently focuses its support on efforts to end domestic violence and accelerate breast cancer research and ensure access to breast health care.

    Check out the video with our Global Ambassadors, Reece Witherspoon and Patrick Dempsey:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_xBnmdN1Wg

    ReplyDelete