The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Really Hate to Iron


Do you hate it? I iron most evenings and occasionally, in the morning. I'd like to be one of those people that is very organzied and gets all her clothes ready on the weekends, so she doesn't have to iron during the week. Unfortunately, I'm not that organized and in Georgia, the weather changes by the hour! I can't predict on Saturday what I can wear on Thursday! I'd love to live next to a cheap dry cleaner that I could just take my clothes to. I'm such a bad wife, too. I won't even iron my husband's clothes. What? I'm not wearing them! He knows how to iron!

I love crisp, white shirts. But the only way to get that shirt crisp is to starch it and iron it. So, I do. I wore my leopard print shoes today, which my son said are "really ugly." Hmph. He just doesn't know shoes!

When I walked into my normal breakfast hangout, the first thing they said to me was "You're not wearing pink! Where's your pink?!" HA! It's in my belt. It may not be much, but it's there! I also have a little purple, too. I didn't find out til I was already out of the house that today GLAAD was sponsoring Spirit Day and encouraging people to wear purple to show solidarity and awareness of bullying and discrimination against gay teens, and promote tolerance for all. We don't need any more teens killing themselves because of bullies!



See? Pink stones in the belt!

3 comments:

  1. Well, now we know you are not anemic since you go your iron. How ironic. Your post was seamless. Not steamy. I couldn't even find one wrinkle. OK, I am board now. Time to press on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! You are full of it today, aren't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is an inspirational look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete