The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.-Steel Magnolias

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Laughter is the Best Medicine.


When the going gets tough, the tough start......laughing?

Why yes, I do, thank you.

Stress hits and eventually I will start to giggle, laugh, and everything becomes downright funny. This has been a source of contention for many people who don't think I take life seriously. That isn't is at all. I have lived long enough to endure and experience much. Part of my wisdom comes from not taking everything too seriously and to learn to look for the good and humorous in small everyday parts of life.

For some cosmic (for lack of better explanation) reason, I have worn gray every day this week. I blame it on the weather. But many times what we wear reflects how we are feeling about life. Or what kind of morning we had. LOL! With raising a husband and 4 kids and working and preparing to move my mother-in-law in with us.....whew.

But, I came to work and Joy and I were laughing in no time!

My outfit today came from spending 1 hour running between schools and running out of time. I didn't mean to wear jeans, but the muddy poodle paw prints on my other pants made this necessary. I will have to say that even though I do not like denim, these are my favorite jeans and I could practically sleep in them. I am almost 5ft. 11 inches. These have a 36in inseam! Thanks GAP! And the 1969 style is so comfortable and the dark wash doesn't shout "Denim". The shoes are Bare Traps.



The shirt is Banana Republic and has shoulder pads. I laughed. The 80's have come back and "padded" me on the back. It looked so blah. Then I threw on this belt from Ann Taylor clearance and a ATL cardigan and was ready for the day! The belt has lots of beads and sequins.
It could have been a necklace. Well, I am wearing it as a belt...so there.

AAAAAAhhhhhhhh! I soooo have wrinkles!
Wait, lets say they are "laugh lines" from so much happiness!

Live, Love, Laugh!

4 comments:

  1. I love that belt!! And I like seeing you laugh!! Those aren't wrinkles! They are LAUGH LINES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too start a giggle fest when under stress. Most people think I am krazy ;) but it really is a defense mechanism. Like when the cat purrs to comfort herself :)
    I love your blog, by the by, and thought I was already following you, duh :)
    So I am now. Thanks so much for taking an interest in my blog. It means so much as there aren't tons of us "saged" fashionistas out there. The secret though, is, sooner than later the big 40 hits ya, tee, hee ;)
    Should we warn the younguns' ???
    Have a great Halloween.
    Do you dress up ? I do and can't wait to put my costume tgether :)
    You are now followed ............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Reva!! Welcome, welcome! Turning 40 didn't bother me near as much as 30. I just wish I knew at 20 what I know now!

    And yep. We're dressing up. Look for pics next week! Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Wrinkles only appear where smiles have been."

    However we have an ap for that.... It's called ANEW! :-)
    Oops, there I go - smiley again!

    ReplyDelete